Re: Cornet vacancy search

Dear Claudio,

My name is Paul Thompson and I was the Secretary of The Hanwell Band until
last Christmas.

The Hanwell Band are Second Section but going up to the First Section in
1998. We currently have vacncies for cornet players and would be very pleased
to see you if you would like to help out for the few months that you are in
London.

We rehearse on Monday and Thursday nights between 8pm and 10pm in West
London. Our band room is actually in Holy Cross Church, Ferrymead Gardens,
Greenford. This is located just off the Greenford Roundabout on the A40 West
out of London or about 10mins walk from Greenford Tube station which is on
the Central line.

We will be doing two contests during the time you will be down : Folkstone on
the 12th October and Aylesbury which is on 7th December. We will also be
doing various concerts, carolling and possibly a CD recording during this
period. At the end of September we will also be setting up a new Training
band which will take place on Saturday mornings.

Many of our cornet players can not make all of the jobs we have due to work
commitments so you would be very welcome. We are a friendly band who also
like to go for a drink after each practise as well.

If you are interested then you can contact me on 01494 537175 (I now actually
live in High Wycombe) or you may contact the new Secretary - Mr Ian Mann on
0181 578 7755 (his father is on the same number and is Band Manager).

Our Conductor is Mr Michael Pegram FVCM, ARCM, psm on 01844 352983.

The Bandroom (Holy Cross Church) can be found on a London A-Z map but if you
are interested and need further directions the please Email or telephone me.

Yours sincerely,

Paul Thompson.