Re: Pageantry Percussion

On Thu 28 Aug 97 (11:44:10 +0100), tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>In message <E0x3f0S-0002RK-00@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Derrick Chapman
><castlemusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
>>You are quite right Bram Gay did write
>>the percussion parts.
>
>I competed in the contest for which the new parts were written (Grand
>Shield 1995) and I'm sure it was Philip Wilby who wrote them.  Can
>anyone back me up here?

Yip, I heard it was Philip Wilby too.  I think there was a bit of controversy
at the time as well and Wilby said that he tried his best to keep within
Howells style of writing.  I think he said that mainly he was just copying
other percussion (bass drum) onto the timps so that they had more to do during
the piece!!

I may be wrong though.....

cheers,
--