Re: Pageantry Percussion

> Date:	  Thu, 28 Aug 1997 11:44:10 +0100
> To:	    brass-band@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> From:	  Tim Morgan <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject:       Re: Pageantry Percussion

> In message <E0x3f0S-0002RK-00@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Derrick Chapman
> <castlemusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
> >You are quite right Bram Gay did write
> >the percussion parts.
>
> I competed in the contest for which the new parts were written (Grand
> Shield 1995) and I'm sure it was Philip Wilby who wrote them.  Can
> anyone back me up here?

Yes, it was Phil Wilby who expanded the percussion part for Pagentry,
specifically for the Grand Shield a couple of years ago.  He was given the
task because he studied composition with Herbert Howells.  Bram Gay's
recent foray into the past was as editor of The Severn Suite for last
year's Open.

David