Re: Brassed Off flugel solo

The flugel solo is called Aranjuez Mon Amour, by Rodrigo.  It is arranged
by Kevin Bolton but I don't think it is published.  I have played in a few
bands who have played it, and it has always been manuscript parts.  Our
band have recently recorded it and the publisher credits on the CD notes
says "Editions Joaquin Rodrigo" but that could just be the copyright.

A lot of bands in the UK have it so you should get a good response.  I'm
working away from where the band is at the moment so I can't get it for you
as easily as others could, but if you don't get any other replies, get back
in touch and I'll try and get it for you.

Just a bit of inside info about the performance in Brassed off.  The sound
track for the film was recorded at EMI's Abbey Road Studios (the famous
ones where the Beatles recorded all their records).  The flugel player on
the soundtrack was Paul Hughes (who is no longer with the band), and he
gave the women in the film (Tara Fitzgerald) a few lessons beforehand, to
make it look realistic.  This was mainly lessons on which valves to press.
It looked fairly realistic.

I actually live a couple of miles away from where the Whit Friday marches
are held, a section of the film.

Hope this information is useful.

Martin Irwin
Eb Soprano