NSW State Contest-- Thanks

Hello all,
The NSW State Band Championships are being held at the Macquarie
University Theatre over this Weekend.

Last Night the A grade Brass where on stage. I'd just like to say
thanks to all Bands that took part, for a very interesting contest.

Waratah-Mayfield Band would particularly like to express it's thanks
to the MD, players and supporters of the City of Holroyd Band and in
particular that Band's Principle Trombone, Mike Butcher (I hope I've
got the Spelling right, otherwise I might get myself shot !!! )

To explain, Waratah's regular No 1 trombone injured his Back late
in the week, it became clear on Friday evening that he would be
unable to travel, let alone play. After some phone calls etc, Mike
and Holyroyd Band agreed to let him play with us. A most bandsman like
gesture if there ever was. This would mean playing 4 major works,
and two Hymns in a time frame of about 5-6 hrs, and without any
rehearsal with our Band at all.

Mike's playing was nothing short of fantastic, especially in our own
Choice Paganni Variation, which he had not even played before. To
make this even more impressive, for those of you that know the work,
there is a Trombone solo, which was also played excellently.

All we can say is thanks :-))

Mark Corben  Bass Trombone
Waratah-Mayfield  Band

PS If somone from Holyroyd is 'out there' could you contact me via
e-mail (off list) thanks.