Re: British Open

Apparently, the organisers (Margaret Mortimer, etc) were pressured by the
people who run Symphony Hall, as thet wanted to shut the hall.  They were
also swayed by requests from the competing bands.  I heard that Rigid
Containers had withdrawn and YBS also had, plus other players wanted to.
We were dissapointed at Brighouse, as we thought we would have a good
chance of winning it, but we understand the reasons and can't do a thing
about it.

A good way of keeping up with the band scene is on Brass Band Worlds web
page, at http://www.brassbandworld.com (I think).

Martin Irwin
Eb Soprano cornet
Brighouse & Rastrick band