Tour Timps -Reply

Wantage Silver bought some, but neither our percussionist nor our conductor seem
to be keen on the sound, which is quite a lot different from bowl timps. Very
easy to carry, though :-).

Martin Taylor

>>> William Dee <wpdee@xxxxxx> Sep 1, 1997  5:50 pm >>>
Dear List,

I`ve seen a few adverts. lately for "tour timps" and I was wondering does
any band on the list use them? Precussion is always awkward to transport and
any inovation that reduces the difficulty has my whole hearted approval!
While I imagine sound quality  is not good as the top of the range
traditional instruments, do any precussionists find them of use, or a
complete  waste of money?

Thanks,

William Dee