Re: Stolen Sovereign Cornet (UK)

<<  but as we didn't have
 notification of it being stolen, we could not do anything to keep a hold of
 the instrument.  >>
As a music store owner in the US, let me suggest a ploy we have used to nab
thieves. We tell them we are interested in the instrument very much, but that
the buyer (or owner) is not in until x o'clock. Could they stop back then,
and we're sure that he will want to make the purchase. This gives you time to
contact the authorities, and if there is a theft involved, the police will be
able to nab them in the act of committing the attempted sale of stolen goods.
It's worked every time for us. Thieves are usually not very intelligent.