RE: Arranging - Copyright

--Boundary (ID eobfH6/re7nyc5clJhWorg)

Hi there all.

I am considering doing an arrangement of The Simpsons
music......................................
Steve Harlow
St Marys Brass.

Hi Steve

I have an arrangement of "The Simpsons" which I did for the Band I
conduct, it was done specifically for our school concerts and proved a
great success with the kids.  We did it as part of a bracket of "The
Adams Family", "The Brady Bunch" and the theme from J.A.G.

Copyright is essential if you are selling an arrangement or making money
from the arrangement.  As a Music publisher I can tell you that obtaining
copyright can be a long and expensive process and is sometimes turned
down.  If there was sufficient demand I would consider pursuing copyright
for "The Simpsons".

Hope this is of some use/interest.

 -Peter

Peter Ellery, Musical Director - Feilding Brass
Manager, A# Music Publishers, Palmerston North, New Zealand
E-Mail PEllery@xxxxxxxxxxxx