Re: Arranging - Copyright

> After reading this am I right to assume that an arrangement can be written
> and played by a band as long as that arrangement is not sold, without
> seeking permission from the copyright owners.

A common misconception this. I always take the attitude "don't do anything
without asking first": I don't want to leave anything to chance or to be a
test case.

One thing to remember, Peter lives in New Zealand. Although the foundation
of copyright law is international (from the Berne convention) not all countries
have signed up to it and many countries including the UK and I believe the EU,
have their own laws.

-Nigel

--
Nigel Horne. Conductor, Arranger, Composer. Internet: njh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx