Re: 1998 Area Test Piece

On 16 Sep 97 at 14:06, Tim Morgan wrote:

> Hello all,
>       Well, it's getting to that time of year again where everyone
> starts hearing rumours about test pieces for next year's Area.  I've
> heard that the test piece for the Championship section is to be
> 'Montage' by Peter Graham.  Anybody else out there heard anything?

Well,
	I have heard that it WILL be a piece by Peter Graham and as Montage
is really the only piece that it could be, though I am still tring to
get this confirmed.
For the definitive version of this piece (ignore the Euph split at
the end) listen to the recording of the All England Masters 1994 when
Britannia Building Society Band  (now the Fodens Courtois Band)
blitzed all opposition on this test piece to win the title.
					       ;-).
Listen particularly to the incredible BBb sound, including the rip on
the final semi's

Modestly,

Phil Green
Solo EEb Bass (one time BBb Bass)