RE: Beginner seeks advice

Mark
	My band, Haslemere Town Band has a thriving beginners band (now called the 'B'
band) which caters for all ages. We currently have players from 7 to 70 in the
B band and from 12 to 75 in the main band. The grandmother of one of our
younger players has just started in the main band at the age of 65. If you have
no real preferences on instrument I would go along to your local band and see
what they need and also talk to a "good" tutor to get their advice on the
instrument for you. If you have a particular leaning towards one instrument or
another, learnt that.

To summarise : Go for it !, you'll never regret it.

Graham Wade
Musical Director
Haslemere Town Band