Thank you for the advice ( was: Beginner seeks advice )

Hello all

Many, many thanks to all of you who took the time to reply to my post,
both directly to me and to the list

Your comments were universally positive, and contained much practical
advice in answer to  my questions. I do feel encouraged to take the
next step and begin learning an instrument.

Thanks again

Mark Lyhane