Re: A good Concert

At 14:32 30/09/97 +1000, you wrote:
>Hello all, I am hoping that someone can help me with this request.
>
>A couple of my cousins from the UK paid me a visit earlier in the year and
>I was horrified to hear that they had never seen a brass band. [snip] I
have promised to find out where they >can go and see a really good brass
band now that they are home again.

>They live in Northolt (I have no idea what thats near but I trust somebody
>will) and I would appreciate any response in this regard.

First things first .......... northolt is located in Middx. and is
therefore to the North West of London.  There are bands in that area ......
but I'm not sure which are the nearest.  Towards Heathrow i.e. due west of
London rather than North West are Hanwell and Staines respectively, both
have which have good standard brass bands.  A bit further south are
Runnymede, Egham and Genet Group (Chertsey). One other possibility I can
think of off the top of my head is Regent Brass who are based somewhere in
the Wembley area which is also N.W. of London.

As for your other question:
P.S. Angela, have you got your new toy yet?

My new 4v Boosey & Hawkes Sovereign baritone will be delivered sometime
between now and the end of October.  Our committee decided on this strategy
to avoid using the new instruments straight off at a contest in Folkestone
on 12th Oct.  New uniform jackets have also been ordered for a similar
delivery schedule.  It's all rather exciting!!

P.S.  We're playing "Epic Symphony" (Percy Fletcher) in the 1st section of
the Southern Counties Assoc. contest at Folkestone ....... but I'm not too
confident about getting my part anywhere near right between now and then %-(

Angela Tregaskes
<angela@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
<angela@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> (alternative e-mail)