Oh! Dr Beeching

Hi Angela

>>Who can tell me please which band were featured in yesterday's episode of
"Oh! Dr Beeching" (28/9).<<

I see that you managed not to blink for the 5-10 secs they played "Rule
Britannia"?<G>

>>  My money's on it being Stourport on Severn but I
would love some to confirm or deny as appropriate.<<

Correct, in the main! Are you also any good ay giving good horse racing
tips and lottery numbers?!<VBG>.

Our MD David Bishop-Rowe had the contacts with the BBC (it's produced from
Pebble Mill, Birmingham and filmed on the Severn Valley Railway at Areley
station just up the railway line from Stourport and Kidderminster).

The BBC used the Stourport band jackets (and decided they would have hats
made<G>) and a lot of the players were Stourport...although I think there
were some from Arrow Valley as well. A few names if you want to get
autographs in the future<G>:-

Dave Deakin - Solo Trombone/Assistant Conductor (*and* webmaster of our WWW
site at http://www.thd-kins.demon.co.uk/storrportband where there is the
first episode of our soap opera "PI**sed Up")
Roy Osborne - Soprano Cornet
Neil Fishbourne - Principal Cornet
Harry Downes - BB flat Bass
Aubrey Bishop-Rowe - "Bish" - our MD's dad - playing baritone here but has
played just about every instrument at some stage for us!

Dave Deakin is on the list so perhaps he'll fill in anyone I've missed.
>From seeing the broadcast the main person seemed to be "Bish"!<G>

Regards

Mike Smith
2nd Baritone