RE: Oh! Dr Beeching

Hi Angela, Mike and List Members

>>Who can tell me please which band were featured in yesterday's episode
of
"Oh! Dr Beeching" (28/9).<<

--Much noises of snipping---

Dave Deakin is on the list so perhaps he'll fill in anyone I've missed.
>From seeing the broadcast the main person seemed to be "Bish"!<G>

Regards

Mike Smith

Mike got most of us, but forgot the featured Cameo Roles of Derek and
Norman from Pi**ed Up! !!! Look carefully (and I mean VERY ;-) and you
can spot 'em.

Of course this means that Grungethorpe Mills Brass Band were also
represented on screen. Other band personnel includes father and son duo
Phil and Marc Robins (Stourport and Sovereign respectively), David
Bishop-Rowe (MD@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx - but not MD on screen!) and a couple of
lads from Cliffey House School Band, where David B-R is deputy head.

It seems that Hatley Band follow Grimley in the on-screen tradition of
abandoning their instrument cases (pre-lottery I suppose) and letting
their MD wear the same Uniform! Are there any films where they have got
these details correct?

Oh, and judging by the state of the hats we had I doubt that the BBC had
them made specially for us to wear. Made me shave off my side-burns
though - would anyone REALLY have noticed?! (things we do in the name of
*art* ;-)

BTW there are some scans of local paper cuttings covering the filming on
our web site - please use the address in my sig ... not Mikes fumbled
version (yout tupong is terr3blw Bike ;-)

Bye for now

Dave Deakin  dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Solo Trom, webmeister and Assistant Conductor
Stourport-On-Severn Brass Band
http://www.thd-kins.demon.co.uk/stourportband/

PS - now my cover is blown it's about time you all found out who Mike is
in real life: Malcolm!!! (Episode  1 Page 11 on far left Ha Ha Ha Got
You :)