Re: Oh! Dr Beeching

At 03:29 30/09/97 -0400, Mike Smith quoted me:

and wrote:

>I see that you managed not to blink for the 5-10 secs they played "Rule
>Britannia"?<G>

Yes quite!!  I wonder how many hours and "takes" of filming went into
getting just THAT bit "spot on" <amazed & inquisitive expression>

>>>  My money's on it being Stourport on Severn but I would love some to
confirm or deny as appropriate.<<

>Correct, in the main! Are you also any good ay giving good horse racing
>tips and lottery numbers?!<VBG>.

Unfortunately no .......  if any good at the latter in particular I
certainly wouldn't be here sending frivolous e-mails to the likes of YOU
....... or spending my spare evenings watching telly sit-coms for that
matter! Just joking <grin> ...... please don't be offended ...... I would
still watch the sit-coms! <tongue-in-cheek humour><roars of laughter etc.
etc.>

>Our MD David Bishop-Rowe had the contacts with the BBC (it's produced from
>Pebble Mill, Birmingham and filmed on the Severn Valley Railway at Areley
>station just up the railway line from Stourport and Kidderminster).

Thanks for that info.  It's nice to know where things are filmed.  I was in
"heartbeat" country, i.e. Goathland, N.Yorks. Moors,  just recently in fact
...... but didn't see Nick Berry anywhere <ah!> Plenty of sheep to feed
with Cadbury's "Astros"  though (all rams BTW!) ......... they loved 'em
........ had them eating out of my hand I did (really, this bit's true!).

>The BBC used the Stourport band jackets (and decided they would have hats
>made<G>)

I never noticed any badges on the jackets so perhaps that's one reason why
I wasn't entirely convinced it was Stourport Band.  Surely the badges
weren't removed just for this day!

.......and a lot of the players were Stourport...although I think there
were some from Arrow Valley as well. A few names if you want to get
autographs in the future<G>:- ......... <SNIP!>

....... I DON'T think so! ........ I never got the chance to notice what
instruments were represented there ...... never mind look at the faces of
those people playing them!!  Pity I "missed" fellow bari. player Aubrey's
big debut as a star of the small screen though ...... but nevertheless
pleased to hear your report that he/this instrument was featured so
prominently for a change.

>Dave Deakin is on the list so perhaps he'll fill in anyone I've missed.
>>From seeing the broadcast the main person seemed to be "Bish"!<G>

Erm ...... I don't think I'll have any trouble sleeping through NOT knowing
everything there is to know about those who took part in the gig (thanks
very much!) <very big grin back>

>Regards

Angela Tregaskes
2nd Baritone