RE: Acoustics

Hi all

our bandroom is in my opinion a good one.  It has accoustic tiles on a
gently pitched ceiling, carpet on the floor and up to 1.5m on the walls
(sound absorption and protection against instrument cases being opened).
Although there are curtains I don't think that they contribute much to
the overall sound absorption.  The bandroom gives an honest idea of
sound quality and volume.  Our bandroom serves us well both musically
and socially (kitchen facilities and social area included).  The hall we
used to practice in before we renovated our own building was very
reverberant even though we hung baffles from the ceiling and some "egg
carton" type material as well.  I look forward to further discussion on
this topic.

Regards

Sergio Marshall
Solo horn