Re: Acoustics

To:       brass-band@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@inet
cc:
From:     Robert C Knight @ SB_PHARM_RD
Date:     07-Oct-97 02:19:21 PM
Subject:  Re: Acoustics
Categories:

Thanks for loads of ideas received directly and through this list. Before I
can follow any of them up I'll have to get the committee to discuss it
(can't beat a bit of bureaucracy to ensure nothing happens too fast!), but
meanwhile it would be good to hear some opinions on the "ideal" acoustic
for rehearsing. One school of thought says that, since we mostly perform
outdoors, a nearly anechoic environment would be best - as near to playing
in the open as we can get without having to worry about the weather. Others
feel that more "feedback" makes it easier to get it right in rehearsal
although performance conditions may be worse. Any comments?

Bob Knight
Secretary, Blewbury & District Brass Band