Woods Brass - Nova Scotia Tattoo98 more info

I should have clarified a few things before I sent out the first call for
players. I also corrected my e-mail address (use an @, not an &.)

Here's the original announcement again with changes.
The Woods Manufacturing Co. Brass Band (sometimes I think we should call
ourselves the Woods International Brass Band) is once again looking for Brass
Banders  with a sense of adventure to come and join us from:

1998 June 24 through July 7 at the
Nova Scotia International Tattoo
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada.

Accomodation, meals, and transportation from Ottawa, Ontario, to Halifax will
be provided.

We're looking to mount a band of at least 50 musicians and, hopefully, quite a

few more.

At this point, we're looking for all instrument groups and percussion. From
anywhere in the world.

We would like to have a pretty good idea by the end of October of the
committment we can expect to have. Please contact me by Oct. 31 if you can
join us, or if you would like to but need more time to lock in the dates.

There is no limitation as to where you come from, Last year (1996) we had
friends from as far as Seattle Washington, USA, to London, England.

If you wonder if you'll have a good time, just ask Richard Batten (of late,
member, Young Ambasadors Brass Band). We're looking forward to meeting you!

Musical ability:  You should be very confident on your instrument. A good
player,						  but you don't have to
be championship level

Uniforms: Provided.

Male and female players welcomed equally

Marching?  Maybe sort-of. Not a big deal, really. Certainly not even the
remotest similarity to American marchng bands, the Guards, etc., etc.  In 1996
we moved around (walked) to reconfigure ourselves from the initial W we
formed. At the end we all walked off playing the tag of our presentation
number,

Pub crawler?  It helps to have the constitution of one. The main thing is to
be able to enjoy yourself and have fun.

Contact/reply info:

E-mail: to the list or to:
	   honf@xxxxxxx
Phone: Home - (613) 829-8424
	    Work - (613) 763-9463

Hal (Harold) Floysvik
EEb Bass, woods Manufacturing Brass band