Re: Posture poser

<<
   I agree with Matthias - banding for me is about the pursuit of musical
 excellence and good companionship. >>
This of course is true, but the contest was an entertainments contest, so the
priorities were changed by design. The adjudicator here was talking about
stage presence, which is an important component of entertainment. the
audience should perceive of your presentation as smooth and planned, i.e.,
well-organized in sound AND sight. Less than that is a distraction and takes
away from the presentation. Entertainers go to great lengths to make sure
that curtains open properly, and mike stands go up and down, etc. I've never
played in an entertainment contest, but I've played in brass bands and have
entertained as a professional musician, and some bands could be well-served
by adhering to a professional visual standard for their audience. It's an
uncomfortable fact that most audiences listen with their eyes.