Re: Questions questions!

In message <41962840175@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Matthew Booth
<mbooth@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
>I'll let people pull there own conclusions of these remarks.  I'm
>sure that we are all in banding for different reasons, I think that I
>can safely say that I'm in it for the music.

Would I be right in thinking there were separate music and deportment
adjudicators?  If so, then the adjudication you typed out for us is
perfectly reasonable.  Just as the guys in the box mark you on what they
hear and not see, in the same way, deportment adjudicators forget what
they're listening to and concentrate solely on the visual aspect of your
performance (which in an entertainment contest is just as important).

I'm also in it for the music...but there's no denying that a band in the
same uniform, who take the contest platform in some sort of order, who
sit when the principal cornet does, look a whole lot more formidable
than those who don't...
--
Tim Morgan, Bass Trombone, Woolley Pritchard Sovereign Brass.