RE: Woods Brass - Nova Scotia Tattoo98

I can tell you what it was like last year (1996).

The first week was spent working out the details of the performance.
Rehearsals take place during the day. Each performing group  rehearses its own
act but also has to be present for integration rehearsals during which the
logistics of the entire show are worked out.

The second week is performance week. The day before the official opening
night, held on Canada Day, a full dress rehearsal is held and the show is
videotaped for sale as a souvenir video. The performances then continue
through the remainder of the week. During performance days we are engaged from
approx. 6:30 pm through 11:00 pm. each night. Also, during performance week,
we have a couple of outdoor concerts to play around town.

Fortunately, for sightseeing purposes, there are a lot of interesting sights
within walking distance, a short drive, or perhaps an hour's drive away.

Your suggestion that you could meet us in Halifax is a good one. Although we
can provide transportation from Ottawa, it is often a better option to go to
Halifax directly, especially for people flying in; it is simply faster to go
direct to halifax than to fly in to Ottawa and then spend another 16 hrs. on
the road driving in.

That is all I have at the moment. Everything is still in the early planning
stages. Some things may be different from last year and some the same.

Have I answered your question? You can also reach me directly at honf@xxxxxxx
if you want.

...Hal