The demographic history of Brass Bands

Hello,

Folowing my letter asking for your views on a national brass band
centre/society I am writing to ask if anybody knows whether a demographic
survey has ever been carried out into the history of brass bands in the
U.K. if ther has I would be very greatful if you point me in the direction
of it.

If anybody has carried out any work like this about there own individual
band then this would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation

John White