Re: Registration

Andy et al,

Thanks for your support. In fact I meant to say hello on Sunday but
didn't get a chance.

Concerning the result, we were obviously disappointed to be placed so
low, especially having heard the performances of some of the higher
placed bands. I think it just goes to show the impossible job faced by
the adjudicator when it comes to placing bands below the top 5 or 6
placings.

This doesn't matter at Folkestone, etc but can have dire consequences at
the area where a bad result one year can really put the pressure on the
next. We have a situation in the London area where a band that won the
area in 1995 has just been relegated to Section 1 after a bad (read
dodgy) result the following year.

There must be a way of improving the situation.

Finally, for those not already aware, we are parting company with Dave
Cutting (not, I hasten to add, because of Sunday's result!!!) who has
been Musical Director for about eight years. We plan to appoint a
resident to work with a professional for the big occassions and will be
advertising the former soon. Once an appointment is made I'll let the
list know. Of course anyone interested can contact me via e-mail !!!!
--
David Cooper