REFolkestone

>Re. your comments about D.R. & KM Medway Band:

>I didn't hear either the winning perf. (Aveley & Newham) or K.M. but fin=
>it as hard to believe as you that the former were placed higher than the=

>latter if it was indeed the case (as you say) that:
>Leaving bits out and finishing the test piece a bar early gets you a
>sectional prize

Just to clear this one up, the sectional prize I was referring to was the=

percussion prize which went to Alder Valley - I hear they are as surprise=
as anyone to have got that one!

>But you really HAVE to do something about that UNIFORM Andy ......
>Championship/1st Section Bands shouldn't have to suffer such public
>humiliation in those garish colours (yeuch!) ............. at least you
>"stop at" lapel buttonholes a la Friary Guildford!

For those who don't know Uckfield Concert Brass, we play in the Corporate=

colours of our former sponsors, the Friday Ad Group. This is a very loud
green. There are no plans to change as our current sponsor is a private
individual and anyway, we've got used to it!

Andy Wooler, Conductor, Uckfield Concert Brass, PRO SCABA
MD "The Classic Dance Band", Trumpet "Sussex Symphony Orchestra"
awooler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (home),
andy.wooler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (work)
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/awooler