Re: REFolkestone

Andy/Angela

Thanks for the info re Folkestone

 >Leaving bits out and finishing the test piece a bar early gets you a
 >sectional prize

> Just to clear this one up, the sectional prize I was referring to was the
> percussion prize which went to Alder Valley - I hear they are as surprised
> as anyone to have got that one!

What on earth did they play without the last bar?  I've racked my
brains but can't come up with any test piece which (a) would sound complete
without the final bar, or (b) possesses such a bar which exceeds
the technical demands of the rest of the piece...

David

PS Last year they missed out a whole movement of Martin Ellerby's
Concerto for Brass -with the composer's permission - and won!

PPS But I was playing then!!!