Re: The demographic and social history of Brass Bands

Hi John

I have just completed my first year studying with the Open University for
an Arts degree, and the main topic of study was the Victorian period.  (I
am celebrating completion today, as I had my exam this afternoon - hand
STILL cramped!)  As your band was founded towards the end of the Victorian
period, can I offer some information as to the social and cultural setting
it would have entered?

If you would like a bit of background information, I will give you a brief
synopsis tomorrow.  (I would do tonight, but brain is a bit squashy from
exam and a little beer - hic!)

Regards

Pam