Re: Nationals..........

On Thu, 16 Oct 1997 goaty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Any of the list going ?  If so give us a cheer (just as we hit the
> last note would be perfect !!)

This is the right thing to do, although some people don't seem to realise
that.  I helped out my old music centre youth band at the National
Festival of Music for Youth a couple of years ago.  (they asked me to play
tuba (sic!))  In the afternoon, I met some friends, and we heard Guildhall
Junior play paganini.. There were only about 6 of us who aplauded
properly, and we got a few disaproving stares from all the proud parents,
the sort who would have rather had litle Jimmy learn the violin.  Oh, we
had also been indulging in the traditional second activity at contests...

Best luck for Tomorrow Phil.

> Just leaving for the 70 mile trip to band,
>

> Phil Green.
> Solo EEb Bass
> Fodens (Courtois) Band.
>

> --

  Alastair Wheeler
  Euphonium & Trombone			   Fundamental Brass
  Bass Trombone			  City of Oxford Brass Band
  Alastair.Wheeler@xxxxxxxxxxxx   http://users.ox.ac.uk/~newc0349/
  "I am following my fish"