Nationals Result.

Just got back from a knackering day at the Albert Hall, and thought I
would post the results before collapsing in a heap in bed.
We came 3rd, a disappointment as we thought we played well enough to
win (some of the audience and people at the 'Mews' public house
where the real adjudicators hang out thought so too !), what with a
new (old) name and Ken Cants (wet ?) dream that we would go to the
Nationals as Fodens and win, even before we had lost the BBS
sponsorship.  We has been playing well, but what can you expect from
a number 2 draw.  Apparently Brighouse were brilliant and I heard
Faireys; they played virtually faultless as usual (except for 1st
trombone) and got the biggest cheer of the day.  Kirkintilloch
played an absolute stormer from a late draw and got 4th prize, so an
extra band for Scotland at next years finals.
Anyway, here are the results...

1st   Brighouse and Rastrick	  197 points
2nd  Fairey's 			196
3rd	Fodens					194
4th	Kirkintilloch				192
5th	Ever Ready				191
6th	Cory						190
7th Grimethorpe
8th	Point of Ayr
9th	Ransomes
10th	Flowers
11th	CWS Glasgow
12th Bodmin
13th	E.Y.M.S
14th	Rhodian
15th	Rothwell
16th	Whitburn
17th	Avely & Newham
18th	Redbridge.				Not a good day for London bands :-{   !!

Hope I'm first to post these.  If not I could have been asleep by now
!!

Regards,

Phil Green
Solo EEb Bass