Re: The demographic history of Brass Bands

>Hello,
>
>Folowing my letter asking for your views on a national brass band
>centre/society I am writing to ask if anybody knows whether a demographic
>survey has ever been carried out into the history of brass bands in the
>U.K. if ther has I would be very greatful if you point me in the direction
>of it.
>
>If anybody has carried out any work like this about there own individual
>band then this would also be greatly appreciated.
>
>Thanks in anticipation
>

>John White

Dear John,

There is a very interesting book by Dave Russell, Popular Music in England,
which has a fair amount to say about the history of brass bands. Perhaps
this would help you with your researches.

Cheers,

Paul Taylor

The Blowpipes Trombone Trio
http://www.trombone.demon.co.uk

New album "Zenoria" available now on Blowpipes label: BPCD01.
Distributed by Harmonia Mundi.