Re: Linguistic Help

> Date:	  Sun, 19 Oct 1997 06:08:16 -0400
> From:	  Nigel Horne <njh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To:	    brass-band@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject:       Linguistic Help

> I know this is a long shot, but I need help with the title of my next piece
> of music. Does anyone on the list speak, or know someone who speaks Gaelic?
> Preferably of the Scottish variety.
>
> -Nigel

Dear Nigel

There are a number of Scottish Gaelic sites on the Internet.  I am
sure that someone there could be of some help to you.  A sample of
these are

http://www.smo.uhi.ac.uk/beurla/
http://www.ceantar.org/Dicts/search.html
http://www.smo.uhi.ac.uk/gaidhlig/gaidhlig.html

I hope this helps you in some way
Bye for now
William Stanger
Ar n-athair a tha air namh: gu naomhaichear d'ainm. Thigeadh do roghachd. Dantar
do thoil air an talamh, mar a nithear air namh. Tabhair dhuinn an ar fiachan, amhuil
mar a mhaitheas sinne d'ar luchd-fiach. Agus na leig am buaireadh sinn, ach saor sinn
o olc. Oir is leatsa an rioghachd agus an cumhachd agus a'ghir gu siorruidh.

Amen.