Re: Registration

Greetings all,
In Australia we have a system that a band can have 2 permits (blowing) and
as many percussionists as scored for, per contest.  This works well.
In Victoria we have been trialing a new system where we have dual
registration for STUDENTS only, who go to University more than 100kms from
their home town band.  This alleviates the problem of country bands losing
players to city bands when they leave for college, thus allowing players to
'keep their lip in' during the week.
This has been brought in during the last couple of years, however we do not
know the long term ramifications of dual registration.
Just my 2 cents worth.
Have a good day

Kind regards

Russell J. N. Bovaird