Re: Nationals result and transfernews

I have heard that Pete Roberts has gone to YBS as well, but I've also heard
that Kevin Donaldson (commonly referred to as Baldrick) has left the sop
position at Faireys (currently filled by Martin Winter) and has gone to
Yorkshire Imps.

I think that if YBS lose their sponsorship, they may fold, but more
probably most of the players will eventually leave, as lots of players
these days only join some bands for the money and don't have too much
loyalty.  At my own band, Brighouse & Rastrick, there is no sponsorship
(our own choice) and no huge fees to players, but we do sometimes struggle
to fill vacancies, especially when another band offers a player money.
Obviously the player will take the money most times.  Our philosophy is
that we only want players who join because they want to play for B&R.

Martin Irwin.

----------
> From: Edy Van Asch <EVanAsch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: brass-band@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Nationals result and transfernews
> Date: 20 October 1997 07:59
>
> I heard about following results at the Nationals
> 1. Brighouse
> 2. Fairey
> 3. Fodens
> 4. Ever Ready
> 5. Kirkintilloch
> 6. Cory
>
> Is this correct and what were the points (if they differ more than 1
point)? Are
> there any reflections about the performances and the unexpected
appearances
> (Ever Ready, Kirkintilloch) and disappearances (CWS, Grimethorpe)?
> Also, any comments on the gala concert?
>
> By the way, I heard of another BIG MONEY transfer: after YBS clinched
Nick