Re: Alternative Nationals Results

Nice to Hear some other thoughts on the nationals

>>6 Rothwell (lovely sop and horn duet - probs at start (with nerves?)  but
>>really settled well)

>>5 Ever Ready (super euph and lower end - the only band who really got
>>to crotchet = 50 and pianissimo for that euph solo...)

>>4 Grimethorpe ( a great reading of the piece but soloists
>>surprisingly off their best form)

>>3 Brighouse (some tempi so quick some lack of clarity in bass detail
>>from where I sat, but a very exciting performance - massive sound and
>>Jim Davis superb)

>>2 Fodens (Polished performance with all details in place - just odd
>>minor lapses in solos - solo cornet spot on - very cultured sound)

>>1Faireys (I couldn't hear 1st trom well in trio section but otherwise
>>very fluent and supremely musical)

I had a great day at the contest and as a non partial Scot was as suprised as
everyone at kirkintilloch result.  Though still very happy for them.

My thoughts..

1  Fairey (super horn and percussion)

2  Fodens  ( what a last note)

3  Grimethorpe

4  CWS  (Good band pity about the Eb soloists)

5  Brighouse  (brilliant cornet, horrible BBb's on last note spoilt it)

6  Cory / Rothwell    ( they had something about it)

Look forward to other thoughts