Re: Favourites./Isiah 40

> > One classic example is Black Dyke at the nationals 2 years ago (Songs for
> > BL ?) where there is an F above top C, followed by a D then another F for
> > the solo trombone.  Most trombone players got the note, but Dykes solo horn
> > player actually played the notes while the trombone player mimed !!  Will
> > this stir up a debate ??
> > Funnily enough Dyke didn't win, but neither did we.

Sorry to disappoint but I didn't play the trombone part in Songs.
Perhaps you're thinking of someone else.

Also I believe that we did win on that occasion. 1995 was the year
that we won the Grand Slam of European, Open and National titles.

Les McCormack
Principal Horn
Black Dyke Band

Leslie McCormack	      Senior EMC Engineer
York EMC Services	     Department of Electronics
University of York		Tel: +44 (0) 1904 434440
Email les@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx  Fax: +44 (0) 1904 434434