Re: Alternative Nationals Results

> From:	  howells <howell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To:	    brass-band@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject:       Re: Alternative Nationals Results
> Date:	  Thu, 23 Oct 1997 00:48:57 +0100

> David I think you were unfair with your remarks to the Horn Player with
> EYMS it was a young lady trying her best, okay she tried her best, its a
> daunting task when thing go wrong on the Albert hall stage, they are a
> young band with one of the nicest guys in brass banding Robert Childs, he
> was the first one to go over to her and say a few comforting words to her
> afterwards.
>
> I was in the hall also down the mews the weather I gave 198 pts ;)
>
> Yours Evan Howells

Evan

Nice to hear from you!  I'm a great fan of EYMS and have watched
their rise from the fourth section with much admiration.  My comment
wasn't about her playing but the fact that the door was closed (?) so
she couldn't be heard too well from my seat.

You didn't spot my slip of the pen: it was Kirkintilloch not
Grimethorpe who employed a second conductor!

All best wishes

David