Re: Nationals result and transfernews

In a message dated 23/10/1997  08:45:07, you write:

<< At my own band, Brighouse & Rastrick, there is no sponsorship
 (our own choice) and no huge fees to players, but we do sometimes struggle
 to fill vacancies, especially when another band offers a player money. >>

good on ya brighouse!
surely banding is about people enjoying their hobby, not about it being a
job.
i wouldnt claim to be up to the standard of the very top bands, but i play
for enjoyment (and winning contests) and wouldnt derive any more satisfaction
from my banding if i did get paid. i earn my living from a completly seperate
activity, thankyou.

jim britcliffe
united co-op band (crewe)