Re: Looking for contacts in US

To Brass Band List,
There IS a brass band in the Seattle area!
The Farragut Brass Band in Bremerton Washington, a 15 mile ferry boat ride
across Puget Sound from Seattle.

The Farragut Brass Band is sponsored by The Puget Sound Naval Shipyard in
Bremerton.
Many of the members are shipyard employees, others are from the surrounding
communities.

My name is Jay Piper. I am the director. I play solo tenor plus horn
(french) in the symphony and teach trumpet and horn.
I am a retired US Navy bandmaster.
The Farragut Brass Band plays a lot of naval ceremonies, change of
commands, retirements, ship arrivals/departures.  Last month we rode the
USS Arkansas' last cruise. A fun trip. Several of the band members rode the
USS Alabama, a Trident Nuclear Submarine. We submerged, and became honrary
bubbleheads etc.

In my naval career I rode targets (suface ships) so it was a fun experience
to ride a nuke sub.
The band plays a series of concerts in the parks in the area through out
the summer.
In September 1994 The Farragut Brass Band played the ceremony for the 50th
anniversary of the end of World War11 aboard the battleship USS Missouri in
Bremerton.
I've been in touch with Karl in Norway
If You plan on visiting the Northwest please let me Know.
I am planning a trip to UK in May of 98.
regards
Jay