Re: South Australian Championships

Fair enough, howcome Kew didn't play in the Victorian Championship?

Steve

gmcgowan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
10/23/97 10:34 AM

Please respond to brass-band@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To:   brass-band@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc:    (bcc: Steven Harlow/BCA/AU)
Subject:  Re: South Australian Championships

Victorian bands compete in South Australia because we can't let the
South Australian Bands think they're too good!  In fact, over the last
four years the South Australian Championships have been won by 'foreign'
bands.  1994 - Kew (under Tom Paulin), 1995 - Footscray-Yarraville
(under Doug Trottman), 1996 - Kew (under Mark Ford), 1997 - Kew (also
under Mark Ford).  The other reason is probably that it is a fun weekend
and not too far away or expensive to travel to.  It is a very well-run
contest and this year has seen the beginning of the use of a brand new
venue (the famous old tin shed with dirt floor is now just an historical
memory).  Besides, didn't your band ever go pot hunting?  It's great
fun.
Regards,
Glenn McGowan (Kew Band, Melbourne, Australia)
gmcgowan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx