Re: Alternative Nationals Results

Here Here Goaty (for once I agree with what you have to say <hurrah!>)

<If we stop putting our opinions here it will end like an on-line version
<of the British Bandsman ..... to afraid to pass any sort of comment at
<all, for fear of offending.

A case in point is the "snooty" (bold?) view that anyone who disagreed
that the 1997 British Open be cancelled is obviously devoid of their mental
faculty ...... I personally found the sort of remark (reputedly coming from
Margaret Mortimer but I doubt it), found on the front page of a recent
issue of the BB, deeply offensive ........ we are supposed to, after all,
live in a Society where freedom of speech is in the main tolerated ..... let's not
change that eh?)

Okay that's my tuppence worth said!!

Yours firm but fair (I hope)

Angela Tregaskes

On Thu, 23 Oct 1997 goaty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote (in response to David
Lancaster's original post under the heading "alternative nationals results"):