Birmingham International Tattoo 1997

Just a bit of pre advertising of our major performance this year. The Band of the Island of Jersey will be at the Birmingham International Tattoo at the National Indoor Arena, Birmingham (where they stage Gladiators). The audience on each night is expecte
d to be about 10,000. Not near the Battle of Flowers or the opening of the Island Games, but our only appearance on the UK mainland since 1995!

The following is the advertised line up.

Sat. 6th December and Sun. 7th December 1997.

  Band of Her Majesty's Grenadier Guards

  Central Band of the Hungarian National Guard

  Band of the Royal Swedish Navy

  Band of the Island of Jersey

  British Youth Massed Band

  Combined Bands of the West Midlands Emergency Services

  Honda Imps Motorcycle Display Team

  UK Disco Display Team

  Army Inter Unit Competition

  West Midlands Fire Service Display

  British Flyball Association Dog Competition

  Massed Line Dancing Display

  Massed Chorus

  Pipes and Drums

  Parade of Massed Standards

  Christmas Grand Finale (massed bands)

If you are in the midlands in December the show will be well worth seeing.

For more information and contact numbers please see our home page at http://user.itl.net/~kberry/bioj.htm

The BIOJ is a brass band with drum corps that is based in Jersey in the Channel Islands with about 50 members.

Thanks, Keith Berry.

<italic>Press Officer

</italic>Band of the Island of Jersey, British Channel Islands.