Pontins 1997

The results of the Pontins Harry Mortimer Memorial Championship are as
follows?-

1.Tredegar ( N. Childs) 193 pts
2. British Telecom ( G. O'Connor) 191 pts
3. United Co-op(Crewe)  (Jef Sparkes) 190 Pts
4. Fishburn (I.. Robinson) 188 pts
5. South West Trains Woddfalls (M. White) 186 pts
6. Stalybridge (C. Houlding) 185 pts

We were, obviously, very pleased with our performance (as we are only a first
section band). We reckon we played as well as we could!

The adjudicators said that that some bands were more triumph herald than
kings herald in the first movement, and geoff witham said that that was an
old rust bucket in some cases. LOL!

jim britcliffe
united co-op band (crewe)