From: andy wooler <awooler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 'INTERNET:brass-band@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: RE: Allowing professional players in brassbands
Date: Tuesday, October 28, 1997 1:42 AM

Edy wrote:

>I would like to (re)open the discussion about allowing professional
players >in abrassband.

We really need to define the use of the word professional here - like most
of you, I have played with amateurs who have a very professional approach
to their music making - also played with professionals with a totally
amateur approach! Paying money doesn't mean you get a better player/band
member!