Re: Pontin's contest

Dear Ian and Listmembers

-----Original Message-----
From: Ian Fishwick <fishsta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 28 October 1997 08:11
Subject: Pontin's contest

Just a few notes about the contest.

**snip**

Also, if anyone knows who played the Milk Tray theme at 7.30am Saturday
morning, pass on my thanks for waking me up in time for my early morning
jog.

Missed that - thankfully! Chalet members started on the full-on cooked
breakfast at 8-30 which was plenty early enough.

To the 5 players who played at about 2am Monday morning: You were
good! And the lad who started juggling in the middle was my mate, Paul
Brown, front row of Standish... Again, anyone knowing the identity of the 5
players, pass on my applause!

Missed them too!! Shame I didn't see Paul (me=knackered by 1-30. I was one
of the ones asleep on Sat, but not with the pint glasses on my head (to my
knowledge... ;-). Does Paul do fire? If so perhaps we can pass torches next
year atop 6 foot giraffe unicycles...
Does anyone know who did 'I will survive'? A Most Excellent rendition.

Looking forward to next year,
Ian Fishwick
Principal Trombone, Standish Brass Band

Certainly am looking forward too. A Top Weekend :-)
Anyway, in case no-one else has got there first here are the third section
results:

1 Pemberton Old Wigan 186
3 Manx Concert  181
4 Hoover Band (Bolton) 180
5 United Norwest Co-op Normid 2000 179
6 Stourport on Severn 178
7 Whitworth Vale & Healey 176
8 Marsden Silver 175
9 Rhyl Silver 174
10 Oldham Brass 97 173
=11 Bream Silver 172
=11 Eatons Farnworth 172
13 City of Bristol 171
14 Malvern Hills (District) 170

Thanks to Lawrence Eccleston  for your guestbook submission (if he's not a
subscriber then could you pass on our regards please Tim. Cheers!)

Hoping there are no errors,

kindest regards

Dave Deakin  dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Solo Trom, Webmeister, Assistant Conductor and Band Juggler (!)
Stourport-On-Severn Brass Band
http://www.thd-kins.demon.co.uk/stourportband/

PS apologies if this email looks weird. First try with Outlook Express;
quoted bits are supposed to have >s but I can't see any.... :-|