Pontins results.

Hi Phil,

Phil Green wrote:

>>  I was up at Prestatyn supporting
my local band (who were robbed !!!!!!!!!!!! of course) and happened
across someone who had all the results.<<

Which is your local band? I guessed one from the North West but "Big"
Martin from Sovereign said that you used to be with Sovereign and so this
was the band you're referring to?

>>Tredegar were (unfortunately for everyone else) a clear league ahead
of anyone else there.<<

Agreed.

>>Crewe Co-op played a very good band
for 3rd.<<

Pity I didn't hear them :-( They seem to be doing well the last year?

>>Surprised at Woodfalls coming 5th - lots of terrible tuning
and IMHO not very good at all.  Surprised at Sovereign coming 7th -
totally different, rounder sound, a few individual blunders must have
cost them more than poor tuning/ensemble did others.<<

My same thoughts - even though i was probably biased!<G>

>>Any mistakes in the above listing are due to the case of alcoholic
poisoning I received at the weekend and am trying to defeat.<<

Well, they're the same as my list so we're probably right or suffering the
same alcoholic poisoining effects!<G>

It was our first trip to Pontin's and it was a good weekend (even took the
wife and kids who aren't avid band followers and they enjoyed it)
especially as we finished a reasonable 6th! :-)

Cheers

Mike Smith
2nd Baritone
Stourport-on-Severn Brass band