Re: concert at nationals -Reply

With reference to the 'Surmon' (i think it should be sermon - but never
mind we get the gist) it is a pre-requiste of all SA band to include in
their music festivals, a bible reading, a word of personal  testimony and=
prayer. The organisers who arranged this festival would be well aware of
this  requiste, but obviously felt that the presence of this band was wel=
worth the 'sacrifice' of this small 'indulgence', especially when the
proceeds were in aid of Clarence Adoo, a former SA bandmaster, and also
that one of the main sponsors of the concert , Egon Music, has SA

connections (the MD is also I belive a SA Bandmaster). It would never be
expected by the ISB that the majority of their listners would be church
goers, but that the duty of the band is express the love of God and
Salvation through their music and I think that they did an excellent  job=
=2E
Perhaps the content of their 'sermon' Katie was a little too close for
comfort. The ISB were asked a number of years ago to take part in the Gal=
Concert and when they stated their pre-requiste of bible reading etc, the=

organisers at the time declined. SA bands are special in what they
represent and perhaps it's time that other 'brass band brothers & sisters=
 '
 were aware of the real reason of SA bands which is not just to produce
good music but to use the power of music to win souls for God.
Sorry for this 'Sermon' but I couldn't sit back and not say anything.

Keith Hender
Bandmaster Cannock Citaldel (Salvation Army)
ps I thought the ISB did a smashing job and so of couse did Dyke who have=

their own way of producing good brass band music.