Re: concert at nationals -Reply

R.Illsley wrote:
> The I.S.B. were very good, but personally I felt that they lacked the
> sparkle that Dyke can produce in concerts.  There were several brash
> moments from Dyke but that I think is always to expected from
> them(especially their sop player!)They are still a band who can produce
> amazing quiet sounds as well. As for the ISB,their programme was ok, but
> several of my colleagues in the audience weren't impressed with their
> surmon. They seemed to  take a slight liberty in presuming that the
> audience were church goers and would want to hear this sort of thing. I
> think that this marred their set slightly.
> Regards.

Dear Robert

I can't comment on the performance of the ISB or their sermon,
because I wasn't there, but to separate the message of the Gospel
from the ISB would be separating them from the reason they existed in
the first place.  Their message is not only aimed at church-goers,
but to anyone they come in contact with.  Whether the people who hear
it accept it or not is another matter and is a personal thing.

Regards
William Stanger