Re: Soprano players

>Can I also suggest to everyone on the list that they submit a list of
>who they consider to be the top 3 soprano players in the UK.  Should be
>interesting.  My top 3 are as follows:
>
>1st    Alan Wycherley    (JJB Sports)
>2nd   Kevin Crockford    (Dyke)
>3rd    Nigel Fielding    (Grimethorpe)

Tricky choice.  I can't really give a top 3 but i can put forward some names I
like.

The bloke in YBS on the Introduction CD.
Kevin Ashman (ISB) although he can be a little quiet. I preferred when he
played Eb Trumpet, but thats just my opinion. I just preferred his tone and
volume and there was just something I liked about it. No flames please :)
Tracy Redfern
Craig Bennett.  I heard him with Faireys when they were in Scotland a couple of
years back and he was great.
Ronnie Harrison.  Although he's dead now, he was with the ISB for donkeys years
and was a great player for that sound of band they had.  If you want controlled
power then he was the man.

regards,
--
Gregor Spowart