Re: Soprano players

At 05:01 PM 11/3/97 -0000, you wrote:

>I wrote:
>>> I would like to say that as a fellow Sop player I think Kevin
>>> (Crockford) is a great player.

I've definitely got to agree with Martin, Crockford is a great player. I've
been lucky enough to play in a band with him on several occasions and
although he can play really loud he has a superb quality of sound at every
dynamic.

>Alastair Wheeler wrote:
>> Have you ever heard James Cooper play sop with Bournmouth?
>> My vote for best soprano player... As loud as Crockford, but
>> much nicer tone.  James has complained to Shilke that while
>> he can get an F# and a G# his instrument seems to be missing
>> a super G.  Go figure.....

I know Crockford can play some high notes as well but funnily enough I don't
rate a player on just how high he can get. Mind you I can sympathize about
the super G. It's missing from my tenor horn as well. Or maybe it's me.

Paul
Rocky Mountain Brassworks